TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - I do not. That said, the reasons are a bit different here.
People Seeking Info

Subject I do not. That said, the reasons are a bit different here.

Posted by SeedyROM on February 22, 2012 at 7:51 PM
  This message has been viewed 601 times.

In Reply To Just wondering? posted by Bajahammer21 on February 21, 2012 at 05:12 PM

Message I could write a book about the many reasons but I'll narrow it to two easy ones:

Manufacturer/Innovator concerns:
Unlike the "normal" or "more generally accepted" product copying, some of these were done before the original product was even fully released or at the exact same time. Thus no time to recover costs and production are given to the innovator. That kills the innovator's incentive to bring new products to our very, very small niche market. I don't have the list handy but we've already had a dozen or or so products "shelved" as a result. We're not talking about the generic brand of "Cheerios" that's been out for decades here.

Consumer concerns:
Said parts have unknown and sometimes clearly questionable materials in them. Sometimes they are even sold as the original product but are fakes, often causing major safety concerns. If that knock-off Hamburger Helper at Walmart possibly contained lead or could set your house on fire randomly, people would be equally outraged.

"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure
of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them."
- Frederick Douglas

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.